HOW MANY OF THESE ARE HOLDING YOU BACK?
We all talk about success, but never do we ponder upon the failures. Just as we can’t realize the pain until we haven’t experienced the injury, in the same way, success can’t be experienced without failure. Failures are as important as success, because without failure there is no value of success. Failure is the part of success, but overcoming the failures by learning from it and correcting it, is the intelligent way to succeed in life. But, to overcome from the failures we must realize the cause of failures, as to treat an ailment we must need to know the cause of it.
And, analyzing the cause is a sort of difficult task. But, no worries, NEPOLEON HILL sir has made it easy with his international bestseller, THINK AND GROW RICH. So, hold your patience with an open mind and try to connect the causes with your life, in order to better understand the causes of your failures and hence act accordingly to rectify them.
THE THIRTY MAJOR CAUSES OF FAILURE –
- UNFAVORABLE HEREDITARY BACKGROUND – There is but little, if anything, which can be done for people who are born with a deficiency in brain power. This philosophy offers but one method of bridging this weakness – through the aid of MASTER MIND.
- LACK OF WELL DEFINED PURPOSE IN LIFE – A person without goal leads a life of a ship without rudder. There is no hope of success for the person who lacks a central aim of his life. And as per an analysis 98% of the population lacks that definite purpose, and hence lead a mediocre life, and those in the 2% are the one who create change in the society.
- LACK OF AMBITION TO AIM ABOVE MEDIOCRITY – There is a saying that, to achieve a certain point you need to aim above that point. In the same way, if we can’t afford to aim being above mediocrity, we can’t achieve that point too.
- INSUFFICIENT EDUCATION – The education doesn’t mean having only greater degree, it means having greater mindset and knowledge. Experience have proven that the best educated people are often those who are known as ‘self made’ or ‘self educated’. People are not paid for ‘what they know’, they are paid for ‘what they can do with that which they know’.
- SELF DISCIPLINE – It is the major key to success. Discipline comes through self control. This means that one must control all the negative qualities. Before you can control situations, you must control yourself. Self mastery is the greatest job. If you cannot control self, you will be controlled by self. This summary might help you control your mind – https://theanamikapandey.com/how-to-control-your-mind/
- UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES DURING CHILDHOOD – ‘As a twig bend, so shall the tree grow‘ Childhood creates a great impact in one’s life. We can’t control our past but the present is in our control obviously, so we should try to make our presents better. To control our present this summary might help you out – https://theanamikapandey.com/as-a-man-thinketh/
- PROCRASTINATION – ‘Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin‘. Most of us go through failure because we are waiting for the ‘time to be right’ to start doing something worthwhile. Do not wait. Time will never be ‘just right’. Start with wherever you are, whatever you have in our command, and better tools will be found on the go.
- ILL HEALTH – As said, health is wealth. Without good health, no one can enjoy success. Many of the causes of ill health are subject to mastery and control, these, in the main are –
- Overeating of foods not conducive to health
- Wrong habits of thoughts, giving expressions to negatives
- Wrong use of and over indulgence of sex
- Lack of proper physical exercises
- An inadequate supply of fresh air, due to improper breathing
- LACK OF PERSISTENCE – Most of us are ‘good starters’ but ‘poor finishers’ of everything we begin. Moreover, people are prone to give up at the first sign of defeat. There is no substitute for PERSISTENCE. Failure cannot cope with PERSISTENCE.
- NEGATIVE PERSONALITY – Negativity is that ‘dark forest’ where one is ‘permanently lost’ until the positivity comes into action as a ‘light source’. Success comes through the application of POWER, and power is attained through cooperative efforts of other people. A negative personality will not induce corporation.
- LACK OF CONTROLLED SEXUAL URGE – Sex energy is a powerful stimuli which move people into ACTION. Because, it is a powerful emotion, it must be controlled, through transmutation, and converted into other channels.
- UNCONTROLLED DESIRE FOR ‘SOMETHING FOR NOTHING’ – We are too accustomed with this nature, we all try to find a way by which we can get something for nothing. An this gambling instinct drives millions of people to failure.
- LACK OF WELL DEFINED POWER OF DECISION – Men who succeed reach a decision promptly, and bring a change, even if very slowly. Indecision and procrastination are twin brothers. Kill off this pair, before they completely ‘hog-tie‘ to your treadmill of FAILURE.
- ONE OR MORE OF THE SIX BASIC FEARS – The six basic fears, which must be mastered before you can market your services effectively, are –
- Fear of POVERTY
- Fear of CRITICISM
- Fear of ILL HEALTH
- Fear of LOSS OF LOVE OF SOMEONE
- Fear of OLD AGE
- Fear of DEATH
- WRONG SELECTION OF MATE IN MARRIAGE – Unless this relationship is harmonious, failure is likely to follow. Moreover, this will be a form of failure that is marked by misery and unhappiness, destroying all signs of AMBITION.
- OVERCAUTION – Excess of anything is not good. Where life is full of chances, if one doesn’t take chance, usually have to take whatever is left when others are through choosing.
- WRONG SELECTION OF A VOCATION – No one can succeed in a line of endeavor which he do not like. Always select an occupation where you can through yourself wholeheartedly.
- WRONG SELECTION OF ASSOCIATION IN BUSINESS – Team selection is an important aspect of our lives. Always create a team who are as ambitious as you are, this will help you get your dreams come true.
- SUPERSTITION AND PREJUDICE – It is a type of fear. And our mind cannot work if it is stuck somewhere or is afraid of something. Men who succeed are open mined and are afraid of nothing.
- LACK OF CONCENTRATION OF EFFORT – The ‘jack of all trades’ seldom is good at any. Concentrate all your efforts on one DEFINITE AIM.
- THE HABIT OF INDISCRIMINATE SPENDING – The spend-thrift cannot succeed, mainly because he stands eternally in FEAR OF POVERTY. Money saving, and conscious investing are a sign of successful person.
- LACK OF ENTHUSIASM – Without enthusiasm one cannot be convincing. Moreover, enthusiasm is contagious, and the people who has it, under control, is generally welcome in any group of people.
- INTOLERANCE – The person with ‘closed mind’ on any subject seldom gets ahead, because intolerance mean that, one has stopped acquiring knowledge. And it is very dangerous.
- INTEMPERANCE – The most damaging form of intemperance are connected with eating, strong drink, and lust. Overindulgence in any of these is fatal to success.
- INABILITY TO COOPERATE WITH OTHERS – More people lose their positions and their big opportunities in life, because of this fault for all other reasons combined.
- POSSESSION OF POWER THAT WAS NOT ACQUIRED THROUGH SELF EFFORT – Power in the hands of one who did not acquire it gradually, is often fatal to success. QUICK RICHES are more dangerous than poverty.
- INTENTIONAL DISHONESTY – There is no substitute for honesty. One may be temporarily dishonest by force of circumstances over which one has no control, without permanent damage. But, there is no hope for person who is dishonest by choice.
- EGOTISM AND VANITY – These are like red lights. Just be away from them. They are fatal to success.
- GUESSING INSTEAD OF THINKING – Many people are too indifferent or lazy to acquire FACTS with which to THINK ACCURATELY. They prefer to act on ‘opinion’ created by guesswork or snap- judgments.
- LACK OF CAPITAL – This is a common cause of failure among those who start out in business for the first time, without sufficient reserve of capital to absorb the shock of their mistakes, and to carry them over until they have established a REPUTATION.
- Under this, name any particular cause of failure from which you have suffered that has not been included in the foregoing list.
So, these are just few of the major causes of failure as described by NAPOLEON HILL sir in his great book THINK AND GROW RICH, on which we need to work in order to enhance our lives.
Very soon the book summary would also be available. Till then,
KEEP READING, KEEP GROWING!